Pioneer DJ has just announced it has updated one of its popular USB-only multiplayers to create the XDJ-1000MK2. The new player inherits even more features from the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2, including its 7-inch full-color high-resolution touch screen, enhanced track browsing functionality, and support for playing high-quality FLAC and ALAC files. Quickly finding the perfect track to play next is easy thanks to Track Filter, which filters tracks by BPM and key, and the new Matching feature which displays suitable tracks you’ve previously tagged in rekordbox when they’re mixed with the track that’s currently playing.
The XDJ-1000MK2 also retains key features from before. You can use the Qwerty touch-screen keyboard to search for keywords, then scroll through results on-screen or with the large rotary dial. You can analyze and prepare your tracks in rekordbox and the screen will display at-a-glance information such as Wave Zoom, Beat Counter, Phase Meter and Key Analysis – as well as provide instant access to your pre-prepared cues, loops and customized rekordbox settings. Plus, you can color-code your USB devices and the illuminated USB port will reflect that color, so you instantly know what’s on each device.
To add even more creativity and variety to your performances, you can connect the DDJ-SP1 controller (sold separately) and use its large Performance Pads for tactile control of many of the new or improved features on the XDJ-1000MK2, including its eight Hot Cues.
The XDJ-1000MK2 will be available in the U.S. and Canada from September 2016, with a retail price of $1,199.00.
Watch the XDJ-1000MK2 introduction video.
Learn more about the XDJ-1000MK2.
Learn more about the rekordbox family.
KEY FEATURES OF THE XDJ-1000MK2
- CDJ-style design
The XDJ-1000MK2 handles just like the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2. Large jog wheels and a 7-inch color touch screen give you intuitive control over your mix.
- High-quality files supported among various formats
FLAC and ALAC files are now supported for high-quality sound, as well as MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files. You can play tracks prepared in rekordbox directly from your USB storage devices, or from your laptop by using rekordbox, or from your smartphone/iPhone or tablet by using rekordbox mobile for Android or iOS.
- High-resolution color LCD touch screen
Finding your next track on the XDJ-1000MK2 comes naturally thanks to the new high-resolution touch screen taken from the CDJ-2000NXS2. The screen displays large RGB waveforms and includes two new browsing features, Matching and Track Filter.
- Matching: Audition tracks in rekordbox before your performance and mark the ones that mix well together. When playing marked tracks in your set, the XDJ-1000MK2 suggests matched tracks to play next.
- Track Filter: Refine your track search by filtering tracks by rekordbox information such as My Tag, as well as BPM and Key. Touch the screen and you can easily find related tracks to fit into your performance.
- Search: Bring up the Qwerty keyboard on the touch screen to search for tracks quickly by name or keyword.
- Expanded performance features
Unleash your creativity using a number of features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS2.
- Hot Cues: Instantly start playback at a pre-set point. Up to eight Hot Cues can be set in advance to give you even more choice in the mix.
- Quantize: Cue and loop points on tracks that have been beat-analyzed in rekordbox and they will automatically set in time with the track you’re playing. You can fine-tune the Quantize value even more accurately for total control.
- MIDI controller interface: Connect the DDJ-SP1 controller with a USB cable for tactile control of numerous features of the XDJ-1000MK2, including Hot Cues, auto loops and Slip Mode. One DDJ-SP1 can control up to four XDJ multiplayers using Pro DJ Link.
- Pro DJ Link
Pro DJ Link lets you play tracks from one USB device across up to four multiplayers and unlocks a host of information and features.
- Link Export: Connect your laptop using a USB or LAN cable to play tracks directly from your rekordbox library instead of using a USB device.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter: Use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and Beat Count will count down the beats to them from up to 64 bars away. Phase Meter shows the position of the beat in the bar, so you can compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
- Beat Sync: Hit the Beat Sync button and you can align the beat positions and BPMs of tracks that have been beat-analyzed in rekordbox, playing on two multiplayers connected by Pro DJ Link.
- rekordbox ready
Use rekordbox to manage and prepare your tracks on your PC/Mac, tablet, smartphone or iPhone and use the XDJ-1000MK2’s features for creative performances on the fly.
- High-quality audio
The XDJ-1000MK2 inherits high-quality audio design from the CDJ-2000NXS2. Along with analog output terminals, a digital output sends audio without degradation, and the power supply circuit for analog audio is completely separate from the digital circuit, reducing unwanted noise.
- Other features
- Shortcut button: Instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
- Multi-colored wave display and Wave Zoom: Visually shows entire tracks from rekordbox.
- Memory Cues: Check comments on Memory Cues that you’ve pre-set in rekordbox.
- My Settings: Prepare your system’s setting preferences in rekordbox and instantly switch to your own settings during DJ changeovers in the booth.
- Beat Jump: Instantly jump backwards or forwards 1, 2 or 4 beats from the current playback position.
- Multi-colored USB port: Color-code your USB devices in rekordbox (e.g. red for techno or blue for drum & bass) and the light around the USB port will reflect that setting for ease of identification in the booth.
- MIDI/HID control: Use the XDJ-1000MK2 with our performance application, rekordbox dj.
Playable media ：iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, Android phone, etc.
USB storage devices (flash memory/HDD, etc.): PC / Mac
Playable files ：MP3 (Sampling rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16-bit), AAC (Sampling rate: 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16-bit) WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless (Sampling rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit depth: 16/24-bit)
* rekordbox for iPhone: MP3 and AAC only
USB storage support file systems ：FAT, FAT32, HFS+
Frequency response ：4 Hz ～ 20 kHz
S/N ratio ：115 dB or more
distortion ：0.003% or less
USB ports ：USB (Type A) ×１, USB (Type B) ×１
Audio output ports ：AUDIO OUT (RCA) ×１, DIGITAL OUT（COAXIAL）× 1
Other ports ：LAN（100Base-TX）× 1
Audio output voltage ：2.0 Vrms
Power requirements ：AC 110～240 V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
Power consumption ：30 W
Max external dimension
(W x D x H) ：305.0 × 382.5 × 110.0 mm (12.0 x 15.1 x 4.3 mm)
Weight ：3.7 kg (8.2 lbs)
rekordbox MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS（Windows） ：Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (The latest service pack)
OS（Mac） ：Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9（Updated to the latest version）
CPU ：IntelⓇ processor CoreTM i7, i5, i3
IntelⓇ processor CoreTM 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or above
Memory ：4GB or more of RAM
Hard Drive ：250MB or more of free space
(not including space for storing music files, etc.)
Display resolution ：Resolution of 1280 x 768 or greater
About Pioneer DJ
Pioneer DJ Americas, Inc. is the subsidiary of Pioneer DJ Corporation responsible for sales and marketing in North, Central, and South America. For more than 20 years, Pioneer DJ has been a market leader in the design and production of innovative DJ equipment and software. The company works closely with DJs and clubs to deliver next generation products that inspire and shape the global dance music community. Its portfolio includes brands such as Pioneer Professional Audio and Pioneer DJ Radio, rekordbox dj software, as well as social platforms KUVO and DJsounds. Pioneer DJ Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan.