Serato has launched the first beta version of its new beatmaking software, Serato Studio, which will help more DJs become producers.
The product combines powerful production features with a DJ-style workflow. This includes cue points, mixer channels, FX, time-stretching and key-detection with Pitch ‘n Time, waveform displays, loads of content, and access to your Serato DJ library.
“By building on what DJs already know, we’ve reduced that steep learning curve commonly associated with music production,” says Nick Maclaren, Chief Strategy Officer at Serato. “Which means less time hitting technical roadblocks and more time actually making music.”
Studio caters to more experienced producers with advanced features like automation, stem exporting, and third-party plugin support (VST and Audio Units), with an overall emphasis on intuitive and simple design.
“Over the years we’ve spoken to countless DJs and beginners who want to start making music but either don’t have the time, the hardware, or feel overwhelmed with attempting to learn production software,” says Maclaren.
“As a result we’ve made Studio as intuitive as possible, so you can open it up and start making beats right away,” he adds.
Studio also includes a range of time-saving features including instant key and pitch-shifting, “Play in Key” mode, which allows users to play any instrument in key without knowing any music theory, and a “Make Beats” feature, which creates drum patterns with one click to get you inspired.
“During the testing phase we noticed DJs would try to make a track and spend a lot of their time on less creative aspects, like putting a drum kit together or finding the key of their sample,” says Maclaren. “So we’ve focused on being able to get ideas out fast.”
Studio works with a range of setups, including standalone using just your laptop. As well as a range of supported Serato DJ hardware and MIDI controllers.
“If you already have a DJ controller or mixer that’s supported in Studio, you can use it to make beats without investing in extra equipment,” says Maclaren.
Serato Studio is a subscription-only service, with subscribers receiving ongoing sample content and software updates. Contributors include world-renowned sound designers and artists, including Decap, MSX II Sound Design, Goldbaby, and more.
Serato Studio Public Beta is now open until it reaches member capacity, after which Serato will schedule semi-regular openings to add more members before the official release.
Join the Serato Studio beta and learn more here.
Serato Studio – Key Features:
- – DJ Style Library – Access your entire Serato DJ library with crates, cue points, BPM and key information.
- – High Quality FX – Tweak your beats using over 30 built-in FX presets that will feel instantly familiar to DJs.
- – Works with DJ hardware - Studio works with a range of DJ controllers and mixers, as well as MIDI controllers, or just your laptop.
- – Make Beats – Get inspired with over 300 pre-made drum patterns across a range of different genres.
Master Key and BPM – Let the project key automatically update as you start making your beat. Adjust the BPM to extremes with world-class Pitch ‘n Time stretching
- – Play in Key – Play any instrument or plugin in key, without knowing music theory.
- – Quality Content Built In – Studio comes with a huge amount of built-in drum kits, instruments, audio loops and samples, with frequent content updates for subscribers.
- – Simple Sequencer – Get creative with your drum patterns using the simple and easy-to-use 808-style step sequencer
- – DJ-style mixing – Mix your sounds using a familiar DJ channel mixing strip, with dedicated gain, EQs, filters and more.
- – Serato Colored Waveforms – See your audio and MIDI sequences in Serato’s famous colored waveforms.
Serato makes audio software for music lovers worldwide. In 1999 Serato launched with Pitch ‘n Time, still the world’s foremost studio plugin for time-stretching and pitch-shifting technology. On the strength of Pitch ‘n Time, Serato moved into the DJ industry, changing the game with Serato Scratch Live, and later Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite. Serato recently returned to the diverse world of music production with their high-quality sampling plugin, Serato Sample. Now Serato is combining those two worlds with Serato Studio, intuitive beatmaking software for DJs and producers.
For all press enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org