Pioneer is releasing rekordbox ver 5.1, a new version of their music management software. The update enables a brand-new optional Plus Pack, rekordbox lyric, for displaying animated lyric visualizations when using the rekordbox dj Plus Pack.
Since we released rekordbox video in 2016, we’ve continued to develop the video functionality within our performance software and, now, rekordbox lyric offers a brand-new form of expression. Its lyric visualization feature, co-developed with COTODAMA, enables you to display visualizations of track lyrics on the fly via monitors or projectors when using the rekordbox dj Plus Pack. Animations are created automatically by the software and you can customise them to create your preferred look. rekordbox lyric is the first DJ tool in the world to visualize the lyrics of songs being played.*1
How to use rekordbox lyric
Subscribe to one of the following plans available from 18th January 2018:
- Lyric Plan ($6.90 per month)
If you already own a rekordbox dj license, you can subscribe to this plan to use rekordbox lyric.
- Premium Plan ($14.90 per month)
In addition to rekordbox lyric, you’ll get unlimited access to all the features and functions of rekordbox dj, rekordbox dvs, rekordbox video and RMX Effects.
30 day free trial of rekordbox dj
If you use the rekordbox dj trial version, you can try all Plus Packs including rekordbox lyric for 30 days. During the trial period, you can try rekordbox lyric’s features using sample songs that can be downloaded through rekordbox.
*1 First application service in the DJ application market (according to research conducted by Pioneer DJ Corporation, 11th January 2018).
* Lyric Plan and Premium Plan are available in limited countries only. Find out more.
* In some cases, lyric data may not be acquired from tracks.
* If you already subscribe to the current rekordbox plan (now known as Base Plan) and would like to subscribe to Premium Plan, you’ll need to cancel your current subscription and take out a new subscription for Premium Plan.
KEY FEATURES OF REKORDBOX LYRIC
- Lyric visualization in sync with tracks
Thanks to COTODAMA’s Lyric Sync Technology, the lyrics of the tracks you play are sent via your laptop’s video output (HDMI, etc.) to a connected screen or projector. Just play music that’s been pre-analysed by rekordbox and smooth, dynamic motion graphics based on the track’s mood and structure will appear when rekordbox lyric is enabled. You can perform with your tracks normally (for example, adding FX) and the visualized lyrics will appear automatically.
- Customizable visualized lyrics
You can change the tone and type of motion graphics generated by rekordbox lyric. And, with the flexibility to customize font colour and transparency of the background individually, you can create visuals on the fly to match the crowd’s vibe.
- Compatible with rekordbox video
Use rekordbox video with rekordbox lyric to apply its Transition FX to visualized lyrics and to layer lyrics over videos and images. By combining various elements using both Plus Packs, you can create unique visual performances to accompany your DJ sets.
About Lyric Sync Technology
rekordbox lyric utilizes Lyric Sync Technology that automatically visualizes lyrics beautifully. Lyric data is acquired from the database of over 2.59 million songs provided by Sync Power Corporation. The music analysis technology of the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) automatically analyses the lyric data to determine the atmosphere and composition of the music, and its Expression Engine generates motion graphics for each song using the Morisawa font.
rekordbox lyric Specifications
|Compatible OS||Mac||macOS High Sierra 10.13 (updated to the latest version)
macOS Sierra 10.12 (updated to the latest version)
OS X 10.11, 10.10 (updated to the latest version)
|Windows||Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (the latest service pack)|
|CPU||Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3|
|Memory||4 GB or more of RAM|
* Disclaimer: specifications and price are subject to change.
* rekordbox is a registered trademark of Pioneer DJ Corporation.
* rekordbox lyric displays lyric information based on the license of LyricFind.
* Mac, OS X or macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
* Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries.
* Intel and Intel Core are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the US and other countries.
* The names of companies, product names and technology names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.